Hi There Lovely Reader and Welcome to Play-Based Parenting.
It is fantastic to have you visit my welcome page so let me introduce myself and my inspiration for play based parenting.
I am Renee, but my friends call me Nae. I am a work from home mama of two. These are my little Learners. Dimples and Miss T, my pride my joy and my inspiration in my work.
About me –
Currently I am a stay at Home Mama, working and writing from home, struggle to stay on top of everything; Raising 7 year old Dimples & 3 year old Miss T, working in a home office managing our construction company, running a cattle farm, Attempting to be a good wife and a good Mother, and a domestic goddess (haha Yeah Right!). I am Currently completing study of my Post-Graduate of Psychology and ofcourse sharing our Play-Based adventures and learning here at Play-Based-Parenting.
I am never on top of everything but always doing something.
Before having children –
I used to work with children. I used to manage an out of school hours program. I worked in childcare for a while, I was a nanny for a while and became interested in early childhood development, learning theory and child psychology. I have completed my Child care Certificate, a Personality Development Certificate, a Counselling Diploma specialising in Effective Parenting and then did a Positive Parenting Program before starting my B Psychology Hns.
Meet the inspiration-
Why did I start this website?
- To provide new ideas for people wanting to create easy Play-Based learning experiences for their children at home.
- To Endorse Positive Parenting.
- To encourage strong connections and relationships within the home.
- To demonstrate how play-Based learning encourages optimal developmental in children.
- To inspire Parents who are sick of doing the same old things with their children every day.
- To share our adventures, our learning and our experiences, through play and through positive parenting.
- To document activities and ideas that I have tried based on my education and experience.
This is my creative outlet.
I am sharing my passion and what I learn, in the hope of inspiring others to join me and become a Play-Based Parent. I would love to get to know you and for you to share your journey and what works for you.
Connect – Play – Love – Learn.