Hi There Lovely Reader – Welcome to Play-Based Parenting.
It is fantastic to have you visit my welcome page. Let me introduce myself and my inspiration for play based parenting: A place where parents and educators can find play-based learning activities, sensory play, emotional intelligence activities, positive parenting plus more.
I am Renee, but my friends call me Nae. I am a work from home mama of two. These are my little … Dimples and Miss T, my pride, my joy and my inspiration in my work.
About me –
Currently I am a stay at home Mama, working and writing from home (struggling to stay on top of everything). At the moment my life priorities are: raising 8 year old Dimples & 4 year old Miss T, working in a home office managing our construction company, running 2 cattle farms, focusing on being the best wife and Mother I can be, and becoming a domestic goddess around the home (haha – Yeah Right!).
I have completed a Bachelor of Social Science Psychology with honours and a Diploma of Counselling specialising in effective parenting and numerous other parenting & child development courses. My other passion is my love for Play-Based learning adventures and parenting activities that promote connection/Play/Love/Learning and that’s what I share here at Play-Based-Parenting.
I am never on top of everything in my life, but I am always busy and always doing something fun.
Before having children –
I used to work with children. I used to be assistant manager of an out of school hours program. I worked in childcare for a while, I was a nanny for a while, a did cleaning in between my tow other jobs and became interested in early childhood development, learning theory and child psychology through my work with children. I went on to complete my Child care Certificate, a Personality Development Certificate, a Counselling Diploma specialising in Effective Parenting, a Positive Parenting Program and several programs relating to attachment theory/circle of security and child development, before starting my University studies in Psychology Hns.
Meet the inspiration-
Why did I start this website?
- To provide new ideas for people wanting to create easy Play-based learning experiences for their children at home.
- To endorse Positive Parenting, with a focus on connection, playfulness, love and learning.
- To encourage strong connections and relationships within the home.
- To demonstrate how play-based learning encourages optimal developmental in children.
- To inspire parents who are sick of doing the same old things with their children every day.
- To share our adventures, our learning and our experiences, through play and through positive parenting.
- To document activities and ideas that I have tried based on my education and experience.
This is my creative outlet.
I am sharing my passion and what I learn in the hope of inspiring others to join me and become a Play-Based Parent.
I would love to get to know you and for you to share your journey and what works for you. Feel free to comment, share, pin and follow me on social media 🙂
Connect – Play – Love – Learn.